The LT3580 T3/E3 Fiber Optic Modem provides a point to point high speed data link between two DS-3 conforming devices
Lascomm580 T3/E3 Fiber Optic Modem provides a point to point high speed data link between two DS-3 conforming devices. The distance between adapters can be extended up to 30 km with a laser transmitter option. The T3/E3 LT3580 adapter is especially valuable for extending DS-3 circuits to another building on the premises.
Besides distance, a fiber optic link offers more advantages than coax for DS-3 data. A fiber cable has the characteristics of high bandwidth, low loss, less signal distortion, and high noise immunity. It can provide users with a clean, secure link and helps eliminate problems associated with coax cable such as noise, crosstalk, and power surges. The LT3580 also is a repeater for DS-3 data. Signals received from both fiber and coax port inputs are re-timed and reconstructed to reduce jitter and distortion.
- Compliant with ANSI T1.102-1987, TR-TSY-000499, and CCITT G.703
- Coax input port receive equalizer
- Selectable transmit line buildout (LBO) to accommodate shorter line lengths
- Low jitter with receive signals retiming at both fiber and coax port
- Offers laser transmitter an option for fiber optic interface
- Built-in self and link tests for diagnostic LED indicators on the front panel
- Replaces coaxial cables with fiber optic link
- Extends T3-3 distance up to 30 km
- High interference environments
<%=company%> 2009 Dewberry Court, Westlake Village, CA 91361-1810. Tel: 805-496-8053; Fax: 805-497-3606.