Source: Flexware, Inc.
Steam Flex is a program based on Keenan & Keyes steam tables.
Steam Flex is a program based on Keenan & Keyes steam tables. Various steam properties can be calculated by the user.
- Steam state points can be calculated given a pressure and any of the following: temperature, entropy, enthalpy, and moisture.
- Theoretical steam rates can be calculated given inlet and exhaust pressures, plus inlet temperature, inlet enthalpy, inlet entropy, or inlet moisture.
- "Straight through" steam turbines can be estimated given power or inlet steam flow, speed, efficiency, inlet and exhaust pressures, plus inlet temperature, inlet enthalpy, inlet entropy, or inlet moisture. A feature allows the estimation of blade heights when disk base diameters are given.
- Extraction or induction steam turbines can be estimated similar to the straight through type.
- Detailed print outs are available with each program function.
- Full control of the input and output units is available. All normally used English system and metric system units are user selectable.
Flexware, Inc., P.O. Box 110, Grapeville, PA 15634-0110. Tel: 724-527-3911; Fax: 724-527-5701.