A Peerless retrofit is a cost effective solution to your separator problem.
Absorber Knockout Drum designed by a competitor, experienced excessive liquid carryover at only 75% of its design flow.
Maximize the separator flow and efficiency; and eliminate excessive Amine loss.
CFD identified several problem areas within the separator which could be corrected to optimize performance without replacing the vessel: Improper inlet baffle. High turbulence/velocity at liquid surface. High velocity flow regions within the double bank mist extractor.
Our applications engineer designed replacement internals with the following changes: A redesigned inlet baffle for proper flow entry. A "quieting plate" to reduce liquid surface turbulence. A redesigned, single bank mist extractor with P8X Double Pocket Inertial Vanes.
Upon manufacturing completion, new internals were "24 Hour" shipped to the job-site where a Peerless technician supervised their installation. Benefits included:
- Quick project turnaround minimized production losses.
- Our cost effective Retrofit Solution did not require a new vessel.
- Original flow design capacity achieved without efficiency loss.
- Excessive Amine carryover was eliminated. Actual loss was > 0.1 gal/MMSCF of gas flow.
- Shorter payback due to Amine recovery and reduced downstream maintenance costs.
Peerless Mfg. Co., 2819 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75229. Tel: 214-357-6181; Fax: 214-351-0194.