EJS manufactures any of these basic expansion joint types to fit your specific requirements
EJS manufactures any of these basic expansion joint types to fit your specific requirements.
Single Expansion Joints:
- The simplest from of expansion joint that consists of single bellows construction.
Tandem Expansion Joints:
- Consists of two bellows joined by a common connector that allows greater axial and lateral offset movements than a single bellows assembly.
Tied Universal Expansion Joint:
Externally Pressurized Expansion Joints:
- Similar in construction to a single or tandem bellows except that tie rods absorb pressure thrust and limits movement to lateral offset and angularity.
Pressure Balanced Expansion Joints:
- Line Pressure acts externally to the bellows by means of a pressure chamber. This allows a greater number of convolutions to be used for large axial movements.
Hinged Expansion Joints:
- Designed to absorb axial movement and/or lateral deflection while restraining the bellows pressure thrust force by means if the devices interconnecting the flow bellows with a opposed bellows also subjected to line pressure.
Gimbal Expansion Joints:
- Contain one bellows and are designed to allow angular rotation in one plane only by the use of one pair of pins running through plates attached to the expansion joint ends.
Rectangular Expansion Joints:
- Designed to allow angular rotation in any plane by the use of 2 pairs of hinges affixed to a common floating gimbal ring.
- Available in four different corner configurations, mitred, double mitred camera and rounded.
Expansion Joint Systems, Inc., 10025 Prospect Avenue, Suite 202, Santee, CA 92071. Tel: 619-562-7458; Fax: 619-562-0636.