Source: Flexware, Inc.
Heat Flex is a program that calculates steam turbine regenerative cycle heat balances
Heat Flex is a program that calculates steam turbine regenerative cycle heat balances. This type of program has been used for several years in numerous applications. The Heat Flex program will calculate the entire cycle with great accuracy.
- Up to four heat mediums can be used in the cycle. Open de-aerating, normal shell and tube, condensate cooled shell and tube, plus pumped condensate shell and tube heaters are available.
- Inlet steam flow or generator power are the primary inputs. Fixed pressure and floating pressure extraction steam are options.
- The final feed water temperature may be fixed or selected by the program.
- Off design cases may be run with fixed or floating feed water temperatures.
- Heater terminal temperatures and pressure drops are user selectable.
- The boiler feed water pump is estimated.
- A detailed printout is available which includes all relevant pressures, temperatures, and enthalpies.
- Full control of the input and output units is available. All normally used English system and Metric system units are user selectable.
- Steam conditions are based on Keenan & Keyes steam tables.
Flexware, Inc., P.O. Box 110, Grapeville, PA 15634-0110. Tel: 724-527-3911; Fax: 724-527-5701.