The MackPower I-E9 V8, 16-litre Industrial Engine is ideal for demanding jobs that require extra power and torque.
The MackPower I-E9 V8, 16-litre Industrial Engine is ideal for demanding jobs that require extra power and torque. According to Carrie-Ann Baker, sales and marketing manager of the MackPower business unit, "the E9 has years of proven performance, efficiency and reliability on the highway. It is well respected and well known and now a variety of applications can take advantage of this engine such as: mining, power generation, industrial, agricultural, construction, material handling, as well as pumps and compressors."
The V8 cylinder, 4 stroke, 32 valve, turbocharged, intercooled diesel engine delivers between 475 and 700 HP. The I-E9 offers several other features common to its truck-driving cousin. These include:
- Electronically controlled pump line nozzle injection system with V-MAC control for high power density, efficient operations and low smoke.
- High pressure direct injected fuel for excellent fuel economy and smoke control.
- Three full flow spin-on oil system with 56.2 quart total capacity.
- Steel crown articulated piston and full wet replaceable cylinder liners for durability.
- High power-to-weight ratio for outstanding performance.
All I-E9 engines will be manufactured at the Mack Powertrain Operations in Hagerstown, Md., where MackPower engineers and product development specialists have been centralized.
The toll-free number for all MackPower inquiries is 877-6-PWRMACK (679-7622)
MackPower, 2100 Mack Boulevard, Allentown, PA 18103. Tel: 610-709-3837; Fax: 610-709-3636.