MIOX designs and manufactures systems that provide on-demand disinfection chemistry, eliminating the need to transport hazardous chemicals and reducing carbon footprint. MIOX systems are used in multiple applications through a wide range of products, cost-effectively producing disinfection chemistry from 0.5 to 2,000 pounds per day FAC (free available chlorine). With this flexibility, the applications range from large industrial cooling towers and water and wastewater treatment plants to smaller swimming pool and clean-in-place applications. Power plant applications include:
- Cooling tower treatment – MIOX’s chlorine-based mixed oxidant solution has been proven effective in replacing multiple biocides, including chlorine, bromine, isothiazolin and other proprietary chemicals.
- Process and makeup water treatment – MIOX chemistry can be used to treat makeup water for the removal of certain contaminants. When combined with filters, for example, iron and manganese can be effectively oxidized and removed from the water supply. In addition, it may reduce chemical consumption and improve performance of clarifiers treating surface water.
- Boiler feed pretreatment – Mixed oxidant solution keeps reverse osmosis pretreatment equipment clean, reducing membrane maintenance.
- Drinking water disinfection – MIOX chemistry is used worldwide to provide safe drinking water.
- MIOX | Water and Wastewater Treatment WATCH IT
- MIOX | The Electrolysis Process | How It Works WATCH IT
- Flowback Water Recycling WATCH IT
- Replacing Chlorine Gas for Drinking Water Disinfection | Customer Testimonial WATCH IT
- MIOX | On-Site Chemical Generation Technology WATCH IT
- Drinking Water Treatment | MIOX | Reduce Disinfection Byproducts WATCH IT
- On-Site Generation | Virtual Tour of MIOX On-Site Chemical Generators | OSGs 101 WATCH IT
- MIOX Biofilm Removal | Water Treatment Technology WATCH IT
- Preventing Cholera Outbreak in Haiti WATCH IT
- MIOX Blackwater Produced Water Treatment | Oil and Gas Water Treatment WATCH IT