The primarily methods for removing these gasses from the feedwater involved chemical injection, vacuum towers, and/or forced draft deaerators. However, 20 years ago Liqui-Cel®Membrane Contactors changed how degassing was accomplished. Liqui-Cel Membrane Contactors offers many advantages over the conventional methods and are they are economical and compact.
Liqui-Cel Membrane Contactors do not use chemical to operate or remove dissolved gasses. The conventional method of using chemical injection results in a build-up of deposits on the metal surfaces of the boiler. This requires that the boiler must be periodically shit down and cleaned of these excess deposits, resulting in blow down. As blow down frequency increases, the higher operating costs become. Liqui-Cel membrane degasifiers reduce these operation cost by lowering the frequency of blow downs because fewer chemicals are needed in the process.
Liqui-Cel Membrane Contactors are capable of reducing Oxygen to <1 ppb, which is far better than the 7ppb that a vacuum tower is capable of achieving. CO2 can be removed to <1 ppm. That is also lower than what a typical forced draft deaerator can produce.
Liqui-Cel Contactors are used in many applications where dissolved gasses need to be removed from a liquid. Membrane contactors have been used for over 20 years.
To learn even more about our experience in the beverage industry visit our web site at www.liqui-cel.com.
- Deoxygenation Of Make-Up Water Using Gas Transfer Membranes (GTM®)
Study: US Power Plant Deoxygenation System
Study: Baltimore Gas and Electric-Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Deoxygenation System
- TB 45: Boiler Feed Water Degassing Lowers Operating Costs and Chemical Usage
- TB 46: Liqui-Cel®
Membrane Contactors Improve Water Quality and EDI Performance
- TB 50: Taiwan O2 CO2 Removal Case Study
- TB 56: Power Plant in Thailand Uses Liqui-Cel® Membrane Contactors to Remove CO2 From Water
Nuclear Power Plant In South Korea Uses Liqui-Cel® Membrane Contactors For Dissolved Oxygen Removal to Prevent Corrosion
- TB 57: Rokeby Generating Station Saves 50% in Capital Expense by Using Liqui-Cel® degasifiers to Remove CO2 from water
- TB 72: Chinese Chemical Plant Optimizes Water Treatment By Replacing Double Pass RO With A Single Pass RO And Liqui-Cel® Contactor System