Tata Power's New Projects Under Execution & Development
Growing Portfolio Across Energy Sources
Tata Power, India's largest integrated power utility, has a gross installed capacity of 8,613 MW through thermal, green energy and waste gas sources of which 1202 MW is derived from clean energy sources. By 2022, the Company plans to increase the generation capacity to 18,000 MW, distribution networks by 4000 MW, energy resources by 25 million tonnes per annum and 10-X growth in value added businesses. To achieve the set target, the Company has various projects under execution and development stage.
Tata Power's projects under execution are:
- Kalinganagar, Odisha CPP 1 - 202.5 MW (3 x 67.5 MW): The project is being executed through Industrial Energy Limited (IEL), a JV of the Company (74%) with Tata Steel Limited (26%) for its steel plant in Kalinganagar, Odisha. The project is in an advanced stage of execution.
- Renewable Energy Projects
Tata Power intends to have a 20–25% contribution from 'clean power sources', which includes a mix of hydro, solar, wind, geothermal and waste gas generation. The Company has been working in different areas of renewable power generation - both grid connected as well as distributed.
- Out of the total capacity of 32 MW, the Company added 24 MW at its Visapur wind farms (16 WTGs-32 MW) in Maharashtra in Q4-FY14. During this quarter, the work on balance 4 WTGs (8 MW) is under progress. Out of balance, 4 WTGs, 3 WTGs have been erected. Land acquisition is yet to be completed.
- 49.5 MW Wind Pethshivpur Project, Kolhapur is expected to be commissioned during FY15.
- Palaswadi 28.8 MW (DC) solar project: MSETCL line outage for power evacuation connectivity given in staggered manner in April & May 2014. Plant has been commissioned.
Dagachhu Hydroelectric Power Project, Bhutan
The 126 MW Dagachhu project is being implemented in Bhutan by Dagachhu Hydro Power Corporation Limited [a JV of the Company]. All major works in Power House Cavern have been completed. Steel lining and Concrete lining in Head Race Tunnel and interconnecting pipelines between the two tunnels are in progress. Surge shaft and Tail Race Tunnel are completed. Weir and desilter have been completed. E&M works in completed and dry tests have been done successfully. Project is expected to be commissioned in FY15.
Cennergi Projects - Tsitsikamma and Amakhala
The Company's JV in South Africa, Cennergi (Proprietary) Limited, achieved financial closure of 134 MW Amakhala Emoyeni Wind Farm and 95 MW Tsitsikamma Community Wind Farm in May 2013 and June 2013 respectively. Currently, engineering and planning activities are in progress
Georgia Hydro project:
In June 2013, the Company acquired 40% shares in Adjaristsqali Netherlands BV, which is implementing hydro projects in Georgia through its 100% subsidiary, Adjaristsqali Georgia LLC. The construction of 185 MW Shuakhevi Hydro Project has commenced with all major contracts having been awarded. Activities to achieve the financial closure are at an advanced stage. The development of 150 MW Koromkheti Hydro Project has also commenced.
Speaking on Tata Power's commitment, Mr Anil Sardana, Managing Director, Tata Power said, "We at Tata Power have ambitious growth plans and are committed to 'responsible growth'. The Company is in the process of executing a number of power projects, and aims to generate 18,000 MW by 2022 as well as additional 4000 MW of distribution networks. We have commissioned yet another large solar project of 25 MW in Palaswadi, Maharashtra. We have achieved a significant presence of 1206 MW installed capacity in the clean energy space which is in line with the Government of India's vision to strengthen the renewable energy sector. We are investing and implementing eco-friendly technologies, reducing our carbon footprint to combat climate change, and scouting for clean power sources, thereby driving energy conservation and efficiency. We are confident that our efforts will improve the generation capacity and overall operations of various projects. We will continue with our focused approach to raise the bar and meet the emerging expectations."
Projects under development:
- Dugar Hydro Electricity JV Project: Remobilisation has been completed to carry out further investigations at site. Detailed Project Report is expected to be completed by December 2014.
- 1600 MW Coastal Maharashtra Project: All statutory clearances required to start the project implementation are in place. The project is in advanced stages of land acquisition.
- 1980 MW Tiruldih Power Project, Jharkhand: The land acquisition is in progress.
SOURCE: Tata Power