RIO GilaSource: MIOX Corporation
750 → 3,000+ lb/day MOS
Frac-on-the-fly water disinfection! Providing residual disinfection down-hole where it counts most.
The revolutionary RIO Gila is designed for on-the-fly frac water disinfection. With max concentrations at 80 mg/L, this rugged mobile system is designed to treat high-demand water at over 100 Barrels/Minute. Easily transport the RIO Gila from frac site to frac site for produced water treatment. MIOX Mixed Oxidant Solution (MOS) technology also provides a residual disinfection down-hole where it counts most - even after the oxidizing disinfectant has been consumed!
MIOX Mixed Oxidant Solution (MOS) technology does the following:
- Kills Bacteria (especially H2S causing Bacteria)
- Eliminates existing H2S
- Treats out Ammonia
- Oxidizes Iron (Fe2) and heavy metals
- Minimal user manpower & service required
- Small footprint
- Safest biocide alternative in Oil & Gas industry
- Treats at High Volume High Rate Capacity
- On-Site Chemical Generation
- Eliminates Chemical Middle Men
- Low Manpower Requirement
- Highest Performance vs. Per Barrel Cost
- Outperforms Ozone, UV, Chlorine Dioxide, Electrocoagulation and conventional biocides on cost vs. performance
- Helps Allow Reuse and Recycling of Produced and Flowback Water
- Potential to reuse brine / produced water waste streams as feedstock
Mixed Oxidant Solution (MOS) is a high performing yet environmentally benign disinfectant. Revolutionary efficacy is derived from the 2nd oxidant present in the solution – Hydrogen Peroxide, which co-exists for 24-48 hours after electrolysis.
- Water and food grade salt are introduced (or injected) into the electrolytic cell
- Electrolysis occurs inside the cell producing Mixed Oxidant Solution (MOS) chemistry
- MOS is ready for use
MIOX Corporation designs and manufactures equipment that generates disinfection chemistry on-site and on-demand for oil and gas water treatment, eliminating the need to transport and handle hazardous chemicals. Chemical-free technology available from MIOX in the oil and gas industry include disinfection treatment for produced water, frac water, disposal well sites, enhanced oil recovery, and hydrogen sulfide removal. As a technology company that delivers smarter solutions for water disinfection, increased performance and safety and a fast return on investment (ROI) for our customers remain a principal focus.
MIOX Corporation is the innovator and industry leader in on-site chemical generators for water disinfection. MIOX technology combines salt, water and power to generate cost-effective disinfectant chemistries on site. Our expertly designed chemical generators give customers the freedom to produce disinfectants in the amount they need, when they need it.
With over twenty years of experience in the water disinfection market and thousands of MIOX installations in over 40 countries, MIOX chemistries are cleaning over 7 billion gallons of water per day. Safer, economical and significantly more effective, MIOX is revolutionizing the process of making water safe.