Impact And Tilt IndicatorsSource: ShockWatch
A Shockwatch impact indicator is a highly-visible device that will activate when an impact level exceeds a predetermined level. Mounted on a packaging container, the device visually alerts everyone involved in the package handling process that additional care is required.
A Shockwatch impact indicator is a highly-visible device that will activate when an impact level exceeds a predetermined level. Mounted on a packaging container, the device visually alerts everyone involved in the package handling process that additional care is required. There are 3 types of ShockWatch impact indicators for packaging:
A single use device, available in five sensitivities. Designed around a proprietary tube that can also be affixed directly to a package, the Label is ShockWatch’s flagship device.
A single use device designed for larger, heavier packages/crates, available in three sensitivities. Unlike the Label, DropSpot can be armed in the field.
A resettable, reuseable indicator intended for large crates and shipments weighing over 100 pounds. MAG 2000 records the direction and angle of impact.
Impact Indicators for Products
The contents of a package will always experience less impact than the package because of the dampening characteristics of the package. Affixing an impact indicator directly on products allows you to more accurately determine if an impact was damaging to the product.
ShockWatchclips indicate if an impact has been experienced that could potentially result in misalignment and the need for recalibration. A ShockWatchtube alone can be incorporated directly into a product’s design rather than adhered to the product for applications that require embedding.
Benefits of all impact indicators:
• Reduces mishandling during transportation or storage
• Provides indisputable evidence of mishandling
• Acts as a visual deterrent to improper handling
• Alerts recipient to inspect contents before acceptance
• Promotes chain of accountability for all product handling
• Confirms effectiveness of packaging
• Helps identify trouble spots in supply chain, from production to transportation and storage
• Helps increase quality of product from dock to dock