Deltabar FMD72 Electronic Differential Pressure Measurement SystemSource: Endress+Hauser, Inc.
Endress+Hauser announces the Deltabar FMD72 Electronic Differential Pressure measurement system. The Deltabar FMD72 uses two pressure sensor modules connected to a single transmitter—thus eliminating the need for impulse lines or capillaries.
Endress+Hauser announces the Deltabar FMD72 Electronic Differential Pressure measurement system. The Deltabar FMD72 uses two pressure sensor modules connected to a single transmitter—thus eliminating the need for impulse lines or capillaries. Traditional capillary and impulse line systems have well-known issues with icing up, clogging, leaky taps, dry/wet leg inconsistencies and temperature effects. With the Deltabar FMD72, you have a reliable, safe and cost effective answer to these issues.
You can count on the accuracy of the Deltabar FMD72. Ambient temperature changes cause measurement drift in traditional systems. Up to 95% of this drift can be eliminated with this new technology. And, you get a faster response from this system – up to 10 times faster.
The Deltabar FMD72 system concept is cost effective because of the reduction in time required for installation and maintenance. It also offers a simplified spares concept where individual components of the system can be replaced as needed.
The electronic differential pressure measurement system eliminates issues of traditional differential pressure measurements using impulse lines or capillaries:
- Eliminate measurement drift due to ambient temperature changes
- Eliminate line condensation or evaporation events (dry/wet leg inconsistencies) and plugging events
- No high cost of heating impulse lines to prevent freezing (installation, energy)
- Eliminate tubing and connection leaks often seen with traditional systems
- Multivariable level measurement: HART-based differential pressure, head pressure and sensor temperatures from one system
- Continuous health indication of the entire system via HART-based diagnostic
- Intuitive menu-driven installation
- Color-coded wiring
- High reproducibility and long-term stability
- High reference accuracy of individual sensors: up to ±0.075 %, as PLATINUM version: ±0.05 %
- Increased process availability and reliability
- Safety risks are minimized with the new electronic differential pressure system architecture and design
- Lowest total cost of owner ship due to reduced installation time, maintenance downtime and spare requirements.