ARC I BX1 DatasheetSource: A.W. Chesterton Company
An advanced grade epoxy and urethane composite for the repair and protection of all metal surfaces subjected to severe abrasion and impact. It is normally applied at a thickness of 6 mm (1/4 inch) or more. Non-shrinking. 100% Solids. Color is gray.
ARC I BX1 is formulated with a high concentration of ceramic beads, fine ceramic particles and urethane for extremely abrasive and impactful environments where metal loss is often repaired by more conventional and costly weld overlay. It can be used either to rebuild eroded metal surfaces or to provide a wear resistant surface, which frequently outperforms the original metal, weld overlay, rubber liners or ceramic tiles.
Matrix- A two component, modified epoxy urethane resin reacted with an aliphatic amine curing agent.
Reinforcement- A proprietary blend of ceramic beads and urethane, selected to achieve maximum wear and impact resistance.
Material is available in 20 kg (44 lbs) kits. Each kit contains pre-measured containers(Part A and Part B). A mixing tool and application instructions are also included in kits.
Recommended for exposure to low concentrations of acids, alkalis, bleaches and other chemicals. Please refer to the ARC Chemical Resistance charts for a comprehensive list of chemicals and associated exposure ratings at ambient temperature.
- Hydro Pulpers
- Ni-hard Slurry Pumps
- Pneumatic Conveyors
- Turbo Separators
- Pulverizers and Impact Zones
- Wear Plates
- Pipe Elbows
- Pulverized Fuel Lines
- Screw Conveyors
- Excellent wear characteristics extends equipment operating cycles, typically outwears weld overlay or ceramic tiles.
- Tough resin structure resists thermal-mechanical shock.
- Outstanding adhesion results in reliable performance.
- Labor and downtime costs are reduced due to ease of application.
- Performs well under fluctuating chemical environments, unlike metals which are sensitive to environmental changes.
- Convenient packaging suitable for large volume applications.
- Resistant in direct and indirect impact applications.
- Absorbs impact.